Sunday 27 November 2011

Shake it, shake it, shake it BABY!

Shake Down Run by jules_perox at Garmin Connect - Details

What a great way to do a shake down run...
3.5 miles run/walk with the Boss and then 5 miles with the Small Monstrosity on his bike.
Not for ages have I enjoyed a run as much.

The Small Monstrosity spent all his miles rabbiting away happily about all sorts of stuff. Apart from when he lost concentration and rode into a wall and I caught him before he went on to the main road! Heart Attack!

I ran slowly, then quickly.
I walked and chatted.
I stopped and drank and made the SM drink.
The sun was shining, it was wicked windy on some bits and beautifully quiet running through the park on others.
The canal was windy and quiet as we passed over.
There was no point when I thought 'this is a bind and I hope its over soon.'
All I really needed was the miles, no speed, no pace just miles in the legs to get them to go after yesterdays 18 miler.

The planned route was changed on a whim when the SM wanted to go through the park to spot his big brother playing football - so we did! For 6 laps to make up the miles!
But it didn't matter, it was all good.

The SM is down stairs collapsed watching TV, the Boss is in the bath recovering.

All is good with the Running Gods...

No comments:

Post a Comment