Sunday 27 November 2011

++Week Four off the floor...++

So this being week 4 it's a lighter week of running designed to give your body chance to recover from the stresses of the previous weeks training. This was one thing that really appealed to me about the plan. It almost seemed sensible!

So... R, 7, 5, 7, R, 14, 5...

Tuesday through the Valley was dark but good.
Wednesday was the straight forward out n back of the Newton Road.
Thursday a twisty course of through Charlemont Farm in the darkdark and back round up Dartmouth hill.
Friday was a Rest day and actually was as Rich couldn't run.
And then there was Saturday....

Well actually there was Friday night first. We were all out at a family party outside of Wolverhampton celebrating till late. VERY late. I'd stayed tee-total all night as I knew I wanted to run the next day and not have a sore head.
But we got to bed at 1:30am and 3 and a 1/2 hours later I got up to meet up with #TNSG in Sutton Park. I actually felt fine and enjoyed the whole adventure of seeing if my body was up to it (it was). I even remained fairly alert through the day as well...apart from nearly falling asleep through the Small Monstrositys Orchestra concert!!

However the next day was scheduled a 5 mile shake down run. I was cold, tired and REALLY not feeling it. So I didn't. Feeling no guilt I just said 'no' I don't want to run today. Good decision.

But to sum up, the rest week thing works. I feel good, the legs feel good and not as sore.

Now, about this week 5 thingy coming up...gulp!

No comments:

Post a Comment